Monday 7 January 2013

The Lacemaker

Jan Vermeer has painted this girl working on a board making lace of fine threads.
The blog "Paint And Draw Together" has put up a challenge: to paint this picture in any technique one may prefer to chose.



Having little time left, today is the final day to send in the picture, I chose to make a sketch in my sketchbook. I added a layer of acrylic, which makes the paper more sturdy and much more important the acrylic gives a pencil drawing a lot of expression. It supports the pencil very well.



It is certainly not a perfect sketch, I could use hours and hours on the picture, but time is running and
today is hopefully the first day for me to participate in the PADT.


Some more details were added to the drawing tonight:


More photos will follow :-)


The composition went out of hand, I certainly should have made an overall sketch, 
before going into detail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy!