Thursday 10 April 2014

collection of pieces I have worked on in the last two weeks and Pay it forward

The first two paintings are my contributions to two of the traveling journals I joined on Facebook.
The hen is going to be for Audrey. It is still a work in progress:


The second one is for Lauri, who asked for our ideas on "positive headspace".
This is, what I have come to until now with her journal:


Below you see the head of a cow. She is painted after a reference photo from a new group I joined on Facebook, where we post our own photos and give permission for other group members to use them for their art. That's a pretty cool idea and there are a lot of wonderful photos of animals, nature and also some people. 


This cat is also drawn after a reference photo from the Fb-group:


And finally "Snowwhite" in graphite (in my sketchbook):


And I will add a little game today. I joined Marji's "Pay it forward" challenge and offer my own work now for the first five people, who comment with "Yes I want in"
Here are the rules:

* Pay It Forward Art-making Project for 2014 *

I promise to make a small work of art for the first five people who comment on this post and say "YES, I want in". A 'like' alone is not enough of a commitment, nor is a comment about thinking Pay It Forward is a great idea.

You must in turn post this as your status update and make something for the first five who comment on your status.

The rules are simple:
– It has to be your work, made by you, and the recipient must receive it before 2014 ends.
– It can be anything art-based: a drawing/illustration or a conceptual work of art, a photograph, a knitted item, cross-stitch, paper maché – or anything in between.

I'm paying this forward thanks to Jack Oudyn.  Yes, you can be on each other's pay it forward lists.

First five, GO!

PS. It doesn't matter if you aren't an artist, try something out, google/ YouTube how to make stuff, step out of those boundaries.

 Step 1Copy&Paste this (see below) as your latest entry on your favourite social website (in my case, its this blog) 

 
Step 2For the first five people who comment on your blog entry saying they want to participate, you will do an art trade with them that must be completed by December 31st 2014. I would count as the first person so technically you only need another four. If you find your friends are keen you can do as many as you want. 


Step 3All forms of art count including creative writing , photography, digital anything goes!
 
If you have any more qustions, just email me and let me know


1 comment:

  1. All wonderful pieces of art, Ilona, and I always get such pleasure from your artwork on your posts. I like the 'I am special' piece, and the close up of the cow, and the cat ….. and Snow White. Well everything, every one is inspirational. I'm not up for the challenge, but I am always up for your art!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!